16 Jan Energy efficient window shades reduce your energy bills
Energy efficient window shades help conserve the heating and cooling energy in your home. When turning your heating on in winter, it’s reassuring to know warm air isn’t escaping through your windows. According to Hunter Douglas, up to 50% of a home’s heating and cooling energy can be lost through windows.
You can add insulation to your windows with many Hunter Douglas roman shades, cellular blinds, and honeycomb shades. Windows are great for views, natural light, and to obtain direct heat from the sun. You can even add more insulation to your home by choosing energy efficient window shades.
Here are a few tips that will help you maintain the temperature in your home:
- Select energy efficient window shades to insulate your windows from the outside elements.
- During the cold winter months raise your window coverings during the day. Allow free solar heat into your home. Remember to close your window coverings at night to retain heat within your home.
- When your heating is on, make sure your windows are closed and locked tightly.
- Double check weather-stripping on all your windows and doors.
Why Energy Efficient Window Shades
Hunter Douglas is the window treatment leader when it comes to energy efficient window shades. During the winter months, we all seek comfort and warmth in our homes. You can see how effective the use of the Hunter Douglas energy efficient window shades are by looking at this photo.
You can reduce your energy bills in every season with energy efficient Hunter Douglas window shades. In the summer months, use thermally insulated window shades to keep your AC cooling energy inside your home, while filtering natural sunlight to be dispersed evenly throughout your space.
Save Big On Energy Efficient Window Shades
Experience cozy winters and cooler summers by purchasing one of the following Hunter Douglas energy efficient window shades during the Energy Smart Style Savings Event ‘til April 8th, 2019*:
- 2 Vignette® Modern Roman Shades, plus for each additional unit you’ll receive an extra $50.
- 4 Sonnette™ Cellular Roller Shades, plus for each additional unit you’ll receive an extra $25.
- 4 Duette® Honeycomb Shades, plus for each additional unit you’ll receive an extra $25.
With the Energy Smart Style savings event, you can beautify your home, insulate your house and enjoy energy savings all year round.
Which Energy Efficient Window Shades Will You Choose?
The Hunter Douglas Energy Smart Style savings event has made your choice easy. The three options are between a modern roman shade, a custom honeycomb shade, and a cellular roller shade style.
- Vignette® Modern Roman Shades: Air pockets are created from the cascading soft fabric folds attached to a back panel. Traditional in styling but modern in energy efficiency. Choose from over 700 different fabric textures, opacities, and colors.
- Duette® Honeycomb Shades: The engineered honeycomb cellular construction traps the most air for optimal energy efficiency. Honeycomb shade shape available in exquisite fabrics, textures and colors.
- Sonnette® Cellular Roller Shades: The simplicity of a roller shade combines with the properties of cellular shade construction to keep your windows insulated year round. Choose from a large array of fabrics, colors, and patterns to complement your home décor.
How Smart Shades Increases Your Homes Energy Efficiency
Use the Hunter Douglas PowerView® Motorization operating system to help prevent heat loss during winter. Integrate the PowerView® Motorization Hub with a compatible smart home system, such as Alexa or Google Home. Raise or lower your energy efficient window shades using voice commands. Put your window shades and blinds on a timer. Lock the winter sun into your home when the sun goes down. Allow the sun to shine through to heat your home upon sunrise. Combine energy efficient window shades with PowerView® Motorization to optimize energy savings. You will be amazed at the difference it makes throughout the year on your energy bills.
Contact Gemini Blinds for more information on the Energy Smart Style savings event. Learn more about how you can insulate your windows with energy efficient window shades. Schedule a free design consultation in Mamaroneck, New Rochelle, Larchmont, Scarsdale, Armonk, Harrison, Port Chester, and surrounding areas.